How expensive gas is. Ever since I became friends with guys who are petroleum engineers.
- Being dumped by my first 4 girlfriends and rejected by 3 others in middle/high school. Shoulda seen them coming, I mean I had a Jedi rat tail.
- My friend Elliot always being late. Now I just account for it when planning.
- Space exploration not finding intelligent life yet. Probably for the best.
- My 3 iPods that were stolen at 3 different times. I finally began locking my car.
- Not getting that pastoral job. That church became a dumpster fire.
- Still being single. It stings but looking back, definitely for the best; did some cool stuff.
- Friends who stop talking to me. Relationships are like rivers and some just run their course.
- The silence of God. If He was talking all the time, I wouldn’t need to learn so much; pursuing Him with my mind.
Have you read Manning’s “The Furious Longing of God”? Your #9 reminds me of the cover photo. In His silence, He still is faithfully longing for each of us.